The secret to our success is our people. At Overmyer Hall Associates, we believe in treating clients like friends, and associates like family. A career at OHA will not only provide you with an opportunity to be part of such a great team, but it will also provide you with learning opportunities to continue to grow your responsibilities.
We seek experienced, results-oriented insurance professionals with a passion for success and a desire to grow.
To apply for a position at OHA, please Contact Us and attach your resume as a PDF or Word Document.
Current Available Positions:
Marketing & Business Development Manager
Marketing & Business Development Manager
Reports To: CEO
Manage and support all aspects of the company’s marketing and business development initiatives. This includes deepening relationships with existing customers, assisting producers in developing new relationships, and promoting the brand through social media, the company website and other avenues.
- Design, propose and execute on an annual marketing strategy.
- Prepare a marketing calendar for the year, laying out major initiatives and events that are aligned to corporate goals.
- Create relevant, branded content to distribute to clients and prospects within targeted industry niches.
- Set up seminars and other prospecting and networking events. Coordinate invitations, onsite visits and rsvp’s.
- Working with the company’s third party agency, manage social media and direct programs to improve social media presence, recognition and reputation.
- Working with the company’s third party agency, manage and maintain company website and monitor appropriate analytics to determine overall traffic and engagement.
- Create and/or refresh the company’s library of marketing collateral.
- Create branded materials to be used as client gifts, giveaways, team logo apparel and other promotional items.
- Coordinate with the company’s external sales consultant, Lappin 180, to facilitate monthly on-site sales coaching sessions.
- Work with Sales Manager to develop and maintain monthly Sales Meeting Agenda.
- Serve as internal Salesforce champion.
- Perform other activities to help identify prospects for Producers within targeted industry niches.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience that demonstrates marketing and business development support skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Wide experience in organizational functions including deep business acumen
- Excellent organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using editing and publishing tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Experience using and reporting from CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Willingness to embrace and live by “Our Culture”
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
Reports to: Commercial Lines Manager
- Provide assistance to Client Managers and Producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines business.
- Provide customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
- Coordinate expirations with Client Manager and Producer to obtain renewal and/or new business information.
- Maintain expiration lists.
- Issue Certificates of Insurance and handle endorsement requests.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures and input these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensure these items are delivered to the client.
- Maintain client data in Agency Management System (Applied’s Epic) in accordance with agency procedure manual.
- Issue Auto ID Cards
- Prepare proposals
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding coverage, claims, or administrative problems and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system within Agency Management System to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports to follow up appropriately.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Run motor vehicle reports and determine driver eligibility.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have a high sense of urgency.
- Willingness to obtain Ohio Property and Casualty license, and ability to pass licensing exam with no more than 2 attempts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- A desire to live by “Our Culture”
Commercial Lines Sales Executive
Position Title: Risk Management Advisor/Sales Executive/Insurance Producer
Reports To: Sales Manager
Overmyer Hall Associates is a fast-growing property and casualty insurance brokerage, and is seeking energetic, entrepreneurial commercial sales professionals to join our team. This position requires advanced communication skills and the ability to develop expert knowledge of insurance products and services. The role is consultative in nature, and the successful candidate will partner with clients, CEOs, CFOs, and business owners to help them mitigate risk. The individual in this position must be capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial clients.
• Serve as a consultative risk management professional to clients and prospects, to help them manage, mitigate or transfer risk.
• Build strong relationships with carriers and develop a deep technical understanding of their insurance products and services.
• Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
• Become an industry expert in chosen niche markets.
• Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales plan.
• Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records.
• Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
• Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
• Work with Marketing Manager to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
• Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
• Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
• Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
• Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
• Promote agency and insurance industry in the community through involvement in networking groups, trade associations, and other relevant professional affiliations.
• Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to pursue and close deals.
• Three or more years of experience in commercial sales.
• College degree in business or related field is required.
• Must be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy, and with minimal oversight.
• Professional designations are preferred.
• Responsibilities include travel to local client and carrier locations during the work day, as well as occasional out of town travel.
• Candidate must have insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to client meetings.
• Must be willing to live by “Our Culture.”
Commercial Lines Client Manager
Commercial Lines Client Manager
- Provide prompt, accurate, courteous service to customers, producers and company personnel.
- Grow and develop talents and insurance knowledge to highest level possible.
- Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing commercial accounts.
- Service Commercial Lines accounts as assigned and aid in collections.
- At the direction of producer, and with Assistant Client Manager, prepare company submissions for renewal business quotes and prepare proposals of insurance for established Commercial Lines clients, including visits to clients with producer when requested.
- Initiate, screen and prepare endorsement requests for Commercial Lines clients.
- Be sure all requests for certificates of insurance are issued within 24 hours of request.
- Review all applications, policies, endorsements and audits for accuracy.
- With Assistant Client Manager, Invoice all premium bearing transactions.
- Prepare account summaries as required.
- Be sure all requests for ID cards, evidence of property, certificates, binders, and/or obtain underwriter approval on manuscript endorsements are completed timely
- Maintain suspense items in a timely manner.
- Keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through circulars, bulletins, trade publications, seminars and schools offered.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system.
- Service commercial lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Take claims and discuss merits of claim. If necessary, report to carrier and monitor.
- Keep producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Immediately report all malfunctions of system software to the systems manager.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by producer or department manager.
- Education requirement: college degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ohio Property and Casulaty license is required
- Professional designation is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer systems and operations is desirable. (Applied’s Epic)
- Good listening skills and attention to detail are important.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and products is essential
- A high sense of urgency
- A desire to live by “Our Culture”.