We are reaching out to all of our clients to ensure Gulf coast property owners are provided some important information due to Hurricanes Laura & Marco.
In the event Overmyer Hall Associates is not open (after 5pm or on the weekend) and you need to file a claim, please contact your appropriate carrier claims department from the numbers listed below. Otherwise, please reach out to our Personal Lines team to report your loss.
Important Contact Information
Insurance Company Claims
- Cincinnati Insurance Claims Call Center: 1 (877) 242-2544
- Chubb Claims Call Center: 1 (800) 252-4670 | https://www.chubb.com/usen/claims/customer.aspx
- Pure Claims: 1 (888) 813-7873 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- AIG Claims: 1 (888) 760-9195 | https://www.aig.com/individual/individual-claims
Overmyer Hall Personal Insurance Team
- Ellen Ballman 614.453.4405 | email@example.com
- Stephanie Payne 614.453.4413 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Richey 614.453.9362 | email@example.com
- Aryn Bates 614.453.9369 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some things to consider when preparing for a hurricane:
GATHER BELONGINGS & MEDICATIONS
- Take photos of belongings inside and outside homes before and after the storm, in case an insurance claim has to be filed
- Get prescription medications filled in advance in case pharmacies close or lose power
PROTECT VALUABLES & PAPERWORK
- Secure valuables, such as jewelry, in a secure location (inland bank safety deposit box)
- Keep all important papers (e.g. legal documents, birth certificates, marriage license, financial papers, etc.) in a bank safety deposit box or other off-site storage. If not able to do so, place items in a waterproof container and store in an interior closet. You could also scan and back up important documents, such as birth certificates, insurance policies and tax records to the cloud.
SECURE APPLIANCES & OBJECTS
- Secure household items such as appliances and computers, ensuring they are unplugged and stored away.
- Clear loose objects (e.g. outside patio furniture, plants, etc.).
- Close and secure your awnings.
- Reinforce your garage by backing your car up against the inside of your garage door to help prevent it from “twisting” due to high winds.
ORGANIZE EMERGENCY KIT
- Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit: items should be stored in watertight container and include items to sustain you, your family, and your pets for a 72-hour period.
- Kit should include: flashlights, extra batteries, portable radio, canned food, fire extinguisher (ABC rated), bottled water, cash, blankets, clothing, toiletries, medications, masks, gloves, disinfecting wipes, and a first aid kit.
- Test and refuel your backup generator.
- Make sure vehicles are road ready, which includes filling up gas tank, stowing jumper cables on-board, and having an emergency kit with snacks and water.
EVACUATION PLAN | TAKE SHELTER
- Have a plan on where to go in case evacuations are ordered.
- If unable to leave, identify a “shelter” room in your home. This room should be located on the first floor, in the central part of your home, and without windows.
If your home has already sustained damage, take steps to prevent further damage such as covering your roof with tarps and covering windows with plywood. Contact your agent or insurance company as soon as possible, from the carriers listed above.
We are here for you. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.
About Overmyer Hall Associates
Overmyer Hall Associates is one of the fastest growing agencies in the country, quickly becoming one of the largest property and casualty insurance agencies in Central Ohio. Overmyer Hall Associates provides clients with insurance and risk management, specializing in Business Insurance, Surety Bonding, and Home & Auto Insurance. Since its founding in 2011, the firm has been awarded Columbus Business First’s "Fast 50" and "Best Places to Work" awards, the IIABA’s “Best Practices Agency” recognition, Columbus CEO Magazine’s “Best Insurance Broker” and the Columbus Young Professionals Club’s “Wonderful Workplace for Young Professionals” award. www.oh-ins.com