Date(s) - Wednesday, March 16, 2016
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Ohio Union (OSU Campus)
Categories No Categories
Ohio’s Largest Construction Conference!
With a theme of “Building The Future – Construction Trends Today and Visions for Tomorrow” the Conference will feature programs including:
- What Lies Ahead for A/E/C Business Development & How You Can Capitalize on It
- The Future of Facility Management is Now – And it Starts with BIM
- Taking Flight While Staying Grounded: The Technology and Liability of Drones in Construction
- A LEED Neighborhood – Right Here in Grandview Yard
- Getting Workers Home Safely Today Creates a Safer Industry Tomorrow
- Subcontractors Joining the Design Process? How Design Assist is Improving Communication and Increasing Efficiency
- Central Ohio is Growing: Discover Your Role in the Vision for the Future
- Maximizing Project Success: Research-Based Evidence of What Really Matters
In addition to these breakout sessions, the Conference will again open with an Economic Update for the Industry from presenting sponsor Dodge Data & Analytics and conclude with Networking Roundtables hosted by local owners and design professionals.
Among the many great sessions during this day long conference will be a session featuring our very own Joe Urquhart. Joe will be co-hosting a session on the technology and liability of drones in construction.
Taking Flight While Staying Grounded: The Technology and Liability of Drones in Construction
Unmanned aerial vehicles (a.k.a. “drones”) are changing the way construction companies do business. They’re also changing the way companies look at risk management and insurance coverage. From aerial photos to surveying to 3D scanning, drones can venture where humans and heavy machinery cannot; providing registered, cautiously operated and covered by your insurance policy are vital steps that must be taken before leaving the ground. A team of presenters will provide a look at the latest drone technology, the associated risk that must be considered and the legal implications of going up in the air.
Presenters: Mike Cairns, Owner (Aerial Image Solutions)
Joe Urquhart, CPCU, CRIS Vice President (Overmyer Hall Associates)
Don Leach, Attorney/Partner (Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP)